Association Jeanne Jugan
The Association Jeanne Jugan offers Catholic men and women aged 18 years or older the opportunity of sharing in the spirituality of the Little Sisters of the Poor, by participating in their mission of hospitality, and helping to spread the charism of Saint Jeanne Jugan where they live and work. The Association Jeanne Jugan is an extension of the Little Sisters’ hands and hearts. Members are retirees, professionals, stay-at-home moms, staff members, and faithful volunteers who wish to share in the spirituality of the Congregation and to participate in the Sisters’ mission of hospitality to the needy elderly. Established by the Vatican in 1998, there are now over 2,000 members worldwide who participate in the Sisters’ apostolate in many ways, each one according to his or her talents, interests and family/professional obligations.
After a year of spiritual preparation, new members are inducted into the Association Jeanne Jugan on May 1st, the feast of St. Joseph the worker, patron of the Little Sisters of the Poor.
A.J.J. activities include:
- Serving as lectors and Eucharistic ministers
- Visiting Residents who are hospitalized, room-bound or in need of special attention
- Helping with the meal service
- Assuring a comforting presence with the dying Residents
- Helping with fund raising activities
- Helping the Activities Department with events