September 1, 2020
Dear Family Members,
We are so happy to announce that we are allowing family visits with Residents on the auditorium porch starting on Monday, September 7. Please call the front desk to schedule visits with at least 24 hours in advance. There will be clearly designated areas for visiting to allow for social distancing. This is dependent upon the home remaining COVID-free.
If there is a re-occurrence of the virus, we will return to window visits only until we have been COVID-free for a number of weeks. Visits will take place inside of the auditorium if the weather does not permit outdoor visits. We will be following the following guidelines:
1. Visitors will have their temperature taken and will sign in and out.
2. Visitors will provide contact information and adhere to screening protocol.
3. Visitors must use social distancing and remain 6 feet apart from the Resident, other visitors and staff members at all times.
4. Masks covering mouth and nose must be worn by Residents and visitors* at all times.
5. Children older than two years old must wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
6. A maximum of two visitors per Resident are permitted at a time. Additional visitors must remain off of the porch, or in their car.
7. Visitors will use an alcohol based hand sanitizer before and after the visit. We will sanitize each area before and after each visit.
8. Visitors will remain in designated area and may not enter home.
9. Items may be dropped off at the cart by the front door for the Resident prior to or after the visit.
*Special see-through masks are available for family members of Residents who are hearing impaired so the Resident can read lips. Phones and headphones are also available for Residents to use. Visitors may not hand staff their phones to show pictures to the Resident. The best option to show pictures is to print out large pictures for the Resident or visit through the window.
Visits are available in 1-hour increments at the following times:
11 a.m. - 12 p.m., On Fridays only
1 p.m. - 4 p.m., Every Day except Tuesdays.
Please call 412-307-1100 to schedule a visit at least 24 hours in advance. If you are not feeling well, please post-pone your visit until you are feeling better.
Karen Jasko, Director of Activities 412-307-1130
Click here for our Guidelines for In-person Visits
Click here for prerequisites to begin relaxing COVID-19 restrictions.
August 27, 2020
August 17, 2020
August 10, 2020
July 28, 2020
July 20, 2020
July 3, 2020
June 19, 2020
June 5, 2020
May 29, 2020
May 22, 2020
May 15, 2020
May 8, 2020
May 1, 2020
March 19, 2020
Together let’s pray to Saint Jeanne Jugan to stop the spread of the virus. Click here for her novena prayer.
Click here for additional prayers for the healing of the coronavirus.