As one can imagine the day to day cost of operating a large facility and providing for the elderly poor who have outlived their resources can be quite costly. Caring for the elderly poor in a manner respectful of their dignity far exceeds the income received from the Residents’ pensions, Social Security, Medicaid or Medicare. Reimbursements from these sources cover less than half of the actual annual cost of care.To cover this constant deficit, we rely on your generosity. Our ministry is made possible through benefactors who share our belief in assisting those less fortunate. We pray that you will join our family of benefactors and share the joy of caring for the needy aged.
Ways to Give:
- Gifts can be made by cash, check, stocks, bonds or other liquid assets. Send checks payable to the Little Sisters of the Poor at 1028 Benton Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15212. VISA, MasterCard and Discover are also accepted over the phone at (412) 307-1268 or online here.
- Gifts can also be made in memory or in honor of someone special. To do this please send a check made out to the Little Sisters of the Poor along with the name of the person you are memorializing or honoring and the contact information of someone you would like us to notify about the gift. We will share your name and address with that person, but not the amount of the memorial gift. Memorials can also be taken over the telephone using a credit card.
- Planned Giving: Be part of the James P. Wall Legacy Society by notifying our home that you have included the Little Sisters of the Poor in your estate plans. Wills, Annuities, or Life insurance beneficiaries are just some of the possibilities. Legacy gifts help to keep our Home running. Please call (412) 307-1268 to discuss planned giving opportunities.
- Donations can be made to the Little Sisters through the United Way. Our donor option number in Pittsburgh is 244. If you are not in the Pittsburgh area, please contact your local United Way office.
- Pennsylvania State Employee Combined Appeal number: 4601-0088
- Combined Federal Campaign number: 47173
- Matching Gifts: If you work for an employer who provides a match, please consider enclosing a matching gift form with your next donation.
- The Little Sister of the Poor have partnered with Vehicles for Charity for used car donations. If you have a used car (running or not) that you would like to donate to benefit the Home please contact Vehicles for Charity by telephone or website and let them know your donation is for the Little Sisters in Pittsburgh. Vehicles for Charity Website Phone: 1-866-628-2277
- Visit our Amazon Wish List to donate items most needed at the Home.
For more information on how to assist our Home, please call the Development Office at (412) 307-1268 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Thank you for helping our Home to continue to care for the elderly poor with dignity and respect!